This week was an interesting week as it was the first of three online weeks for this unit. For thoses that dont know what an online week for this unit is. It means that there is no contact time at the universtity this week there are no lectures or wookshops, insted a live chat that is operated though Skype. This chat is recorded for the students that are unavaliable at the time.
I was unable to sit in on the live chat this week so I watched the recorded version. I thought that it was interesting and different and would love to be able to sit in on the next one. The live chat allows you to ask questions while it is happening and Jenni (the unit coordinator) also allows questions to be answered during the chat along with votes on certain topics to answer specific questions.
I think that this is a good way of communicating and presenting lectures and workshops all in one, especially for this unit. I don't think that it could be done every week but a few times a semester is good as it is something different and engaging to learn the content and get information across.
http://mashable.com/2013/01/09/microsoft-messenger-skype/

No comments:
Post a Comment